Chicken Cordon Bleu

Nutellah_

Culinary Explorer
I’m so excited to show you how EASY it is to make Chicken Cordon Bleu ! This recipe is inspired by the method by husband grew up eating, which includes crushed cornflakes as the coating. It’s absolutely delicious and I especially love that I can make it ahead of time, for company.

Ingredients:
Cordon Bleu.jpg

• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1200×1200
    190.9 kB
  • 4 slices Swiss cheese
  • 4 slices ham
  • 1/2 cup (120ml) all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup (240ml) breadcrumbs
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Toothpicks
    1200×1200
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
  2. Place each chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound the chicken breasts until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
  3. Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Place a slice of Swiss cheese and a slice of ham on top of each chicken breast.
  5. Starting from the shorter end, roll up each chicken breast, securing with toothpicks to hold them together.
  6. Set up three shallow dishes. Place the flour in one dish, the beaten eggs in another dish, and the breadcrumbs in the third dish.
  7. Dredge each chicken breast first in the flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip each breast into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off. Finally, coat each breast with breadcrumbs, pressing gently to adhere.
  8. In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
  9. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C).
  10. Remove the toothpicks from the chicken breasts before serving.
  11. Serve hot, garnished with fresh herbs if desired.
Enjoy your delicious homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu!

Your Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe has me drooling already! The combination of Swiss cheese and ham stuffed inside juicy chicken breasts, coated with crunchy cornflakes - it's making my mouth water just thinking about it! Plus, the convenience of being able to prep it ahead of time is such a bonus. Thanks for sharing this deliciousness with us!:love:

Wow, your Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe sounds amazing! I haven't tried cooking this yet. WIth this recipe, I can practically taste the crispy coating and the gooey cheese oozing out. Can't wait to give it a try for dinner this week. Thanks for sharing!

"Your Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe is absolutely delightful! The tender chicken breasts stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese, then coated in breadcrumbs and baked to golden perfection, create a symphony of flavors and textures that's simply irresistible.:p👍😘

OMG I've been craving this for months but no restaurants here in my area sells this. I'll just try to do it myself then as your recipe seems easy to follow. Thanks for sharing ;)

That's one of my favorites, and you make it look even better with the combination of the Swiss Cheese. Thanks for sharing 😊👌

Chicken Cordon Bleu is a culinary classic that never fails to impress with its elegant presentation and indulgent flavors! 🍗🧀🥓✨ Picture tender chicken breasts, pounded thin and wrapped around a savory filling of ham and gooey melted cheese, then coated in a crispy breadcrumb crust and baked or fried to golden perfection. Each bite is a delightful fusion of juicy chicken, smoky ham, and creamy cheese, creating a symphony of taste and texture that's simply irresistible. Whether served with a side of creamy mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a crisp salad, Chicken Cordon Bleu is a timeless favorite that's sure to elevate any meal to gourmet heights. 🌟🍽️😋

Back