Coffee Pancakes

KarenDeel

Culinary Explorer
Hey breakfast enthusiasts! 🌟 Let's jazz up your morning routine with Coffee Pancakes! ☕🥞 Imagine fluffy pancakes infused with rich espresso, studded with mini chocolate chips, and drizzled with a delicious espresso glaze. It's a breakfast delight that'll put a smile on your face! 😋✨ Join me in creating these tasty treats and start your day on a delicious note! 🌞🍴

Coffee Pancakes (2).jpg

Coffee Pancakes
Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons butter, divided
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
For the espresso glaze:
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons buttermilk, as needed
  • 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
Instructions:
  1. Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium-low heat with one tablespoon of the butter. Let it melt.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, powdered sugar, espresso powder, and salt.
  3. In a small cup, whisk together the buttermilk, remaining melted butter, and eggs. Pour this liquid into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Lumps are fine.
  4. Check the griddle for heat: you should be able to hold your hand a few inches from the surface for 5 seconds. Ladle heaping 1/4 cups of pancake batter onto the griddle. Immediately sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
  5. Let pancakes cook on one side until bubbles form around the edges and the underside is brown when peeked at. Flip the pancakes and cook for another few minutes until done.
  6. While the pancakes cook, make the glaze: whisk together the powdered sugar and buttermilk until a runny sweet sauce perfect for drizzling over pancakes forms.
  7. To serve, divide the pancakes between plates and drizzle with espresso glaze. Dig in!
Notes:
  • Butter: You can use unsalted or salted butter for this recipe.
  • Instant Espresso Powder: You can use instant coffee granules or instant espresso powder.
  • Buttermilk: This recipe uses buttermilk for the pancake batter and a small splash for the coffee glaze.
  • Mini Chocolate Chips: I use mini chocolate chips for even distribution, but chopped chocolate works too!
PS: It's my pleasure to introduce you to these delightful Coffee Pancakes! ☕🥞 Indulge in rich flavors and start your day with a smile! 😋

I love the idea of adding espresso and chocolate chips for that extra kick of flavor. And that espresso glaze sounds like the perfect finishing touch. Can't wait to try making these! Do you have any tips for someone who's new to making pancakes? 🥞☕

I love the idea of adding espresso and chocolate chips for that extra kick of flavor. And that espresso glaze sounds like the perfect finishing touch. Can't wait to try making these! Do you have any tips for someone who's new to making pancakes? 🥞☕
Hey there! Adding espresso and chocolate chips definitely takes pancakes to the next level! When making pancakes, start with a hot, well-greased pan or griddle to ensure they cook evenly. Don't overmix the batter - a few lumps are totally fine! And when you're ready to flip, wait for bubbles to form on the surface before flipping. Enjoy your pancake-making adventure! 🌟👩‍🍳

The combination of rich, aromatic coffee infused into fluffy pancakes creates a breakfast experience unlike any other. 😍 Each bite is a delightful blend of the comforting flavors of your favorite brew and the familiar satisfaction of classic pancakes. 🥞✨

Back