Cowboy Candy Recipe

KainGo127

Culinary Explorer
Hi there! Craving a snack that's both tasty and good for you? Roasted corn is where it's at! 🌽💪 It's like a flavor explosion in every bite, plus it's packed with all the good stuff to keep you going strong. Give it a try and thank me later! 😉

Cowboy Candy Recipe

cowboy candy recipe (1).jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 ½ pounds (680g) jalapeño peppers, about 20 jalapeños
  • 5 garlic cloves, sliced
  • 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
  • 1 cup (236ml) apple cider vinegar
  • 1 cup (236ml) distilled white vinegar
  • 3 cups (600g) sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
Directions:

1. Slice the jalapeño peppers between 1/8″ and 1/4″ thick. Place them into a mixing bowl and add the sliced garlic.
  2. Sprinkle the salt over the peppers, toss well, and set aside on the counter for 20 minutes.
  3. In a small saucepan, combine apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, sugar, and turmeric. Bring to a boil and let it boil for 3 minutes.
  4. Add the peppers and garlic to the boiling mixture and let it boil for another 3 minutes.
  5. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the peppers and garlic into a 1-quart jar.
  6. Simmer the remaining vinegar mixture until it reduces to about 1 pint of liquid (2 cups), which takes around 5 to 8 minutes.
  7. Pour the reduced vinegar mixture over the peppers and garlic in the jar. Seal with a lid.
  8. Refrigerate for a day or two (if you can resist) before enjoying. The flavors develop even more after a week.

That's it! Your cowboy candy is ready to add some sweet heat to your snacks and meals. Enjoy!

These cowboy candies look like the perfect mix of sweet and spicy! 😄🌶️ Can't wait to give this recipe a try. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you! I'm glad you like the look of the cowboy candies. They really are a delightful blend of sweet and spicy. I hope you enjoy making them as much as I did. Happy cooking

Wow, that sounds amazing! Cowboy candy, with that sweet and spicy kick, is the perfect snack to satisfy cravings. I love how simple it is to make too. Can't wait to try it out and experience that flavor explosion! 🍽️ 🤤 :love:

Back