Cozy Chicken-Veggie Soup with Dumplings

Xerxes

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, I would like to introduce with you all my tried and tested recipe for Chicken-Vegetable Soup with Dumplings :). It's like a warm hug for your taste buds, seriously! Plus, it's easy-peasy to whip up, even for those of us who aren't exactly master chefs :ROFLMAO:
Ingredients:

• 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
  • 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken broth (4 cups)
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 2 2/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
  • 1 cup Original Bisquick mix
  • 1/3 cup milk
Instruction:

1. First things first, grab a big ol' pot. We're talking soup-making size here. Pour in your chicken broth and bring it to a gentle simmer over medium heat. It's like laying down a cozy blanket for our soup to snuggle into.
  2. Now, toss in your chopped chicken, parsley, thyme, and garlic. Ah, can you smell that? It's the aroma of comfort wafting through your kitchen. Let everything simmer together for about 10 minutes, just enough time to let those flavors mingle and dance.
  3. Once your soup base is all flavorful and fabulous, it's time to add in the star of the show – the veggies! Dump in those thawed mixed vegetables and let them join the party. Simmer for another 5 minutes or so until the veggies are tender and oh-so-yummy.
  4. Alright, now for the dumplings! In a bowl, mix together your Bisquick mix and milk until it forms a nice, doughy consistency. It's like magic in a bowl, trust me. Drop spoonfuls of the dough right into the simmering soup. Don't worry about making them perfect – rustic is all the rage these days.
  5. Cover the pot and let those dumplings work their fluffy wonders for about 10-12 minutes. They'll puff up and become little pillows of perfection. Resist the urge to sneak a peek too often – we want those dumplings to rise to their full potential!
  6. Once your dumplings are cooked through (and your kitchen smells like a culinary dream), it's time to dish up! Ladle generous helpings of soup into bowls, making sure each one gets its fair share of chicken, veggies, and dumplings.

Feel free to get creative with your veggies or add in some extra herbs to suit your taste. And hey, if your dumplings turn out a little wonky, just remember – imperfection is what gives them character! So go ahead, slurp up that soul-soothing goodness and bask in the satisfaction of a job well done.
    Hope you'll like it :)

Chicken-Vegetable Soup with Dumplings.jpg

This would be great specially with the rainy weather here in our area.. I think I'll add some chili flakes to spice it up a little bit 😉

Cozy Chicken-Veggie Soup with Dumplings is a comforting and hearty dish perfect for warming up on chilly days.

This would be great specially with the rainy weather here in our area.. I think I'll add some chili flakes to spice it up a little bit 😉
Great suggestion! Adding chili flakes sounds like a delicious way to enhance the flavor, especially on a rainy day. Can't wait to hear how it tastes with the extra kick!

Back