🌮 EASY VEGGIE QUESADILLAS 🌮

culinary_connoisseur

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! Wanted to share this veggie quesadillas recipe 🌮🥑🧀 But heads up, if you're allergic to gluten, this might not be the best option for you. Just looking out for my fellow foodies! 😊🚫🌾

1200×800
88.2 kB

Veggie quesadillas.jpg

Alright, let’s make some quesadillas!

VEGGIE QUESADILLA INGREDIENTS:

Let's discuss the ingredients for these simple veggie quesadillas! To prepare this dish, you'll require the following items:

• Veggies: The choice of veggies is flexible, but I suggest including sweet potato for its hearty texture and flavor balance. For the quesadillas shown, I used a mix of bell peppers, red onion, and corn. Refer to the notes below for more veggie options.
  • Jalapeño: For an added kick, include diced fresh jalapeño or serrano pepper (seeded). Alternatively, chopped pickled jalapeños or omitting the peppers altogether are options.
  • Beans: Include one can of pinto or black beans (or refried beans) for extra protein.
  • Seasoning: I used a blend of ground cumin, chipotle chili powder (or regular chili powder), salt, and pepper. Customize with your favorite Mexican seasonings to taste.
  • Tortillas: Any preferred flour tortilla works. For corn tortillas, layer a second one on top of the bottom tortilla to prevent breakage when folding.
  • Cheese: I opted for a Mexican cheese blend, but sharp cheddar, Pepperjack, or your favorite cheese can be used. Adjust cheese quantity to preference.
  • Cilantro: Add fresh cilantro for extra flavor.
  • Dipping options: Serve with salsa, guacamole, and/or sour cream according to preference.

HOW TO MAKE QUESADILLAS:

The basic steps for making quesadillas are as follows:

1. Sauté the veggies. Cook the vegetables in a skillet. Begin with the sweet potatoes first as they require more cooking time. Proceed to cook the remaining vegetables in the same skillet and season them with your preferred amount of cumin, chipotle powder, salt, and pepper. (Ensure to taste the mixture as this quantity of vegetables may require additional salt.) To prepare the quesadillas, use the same skillet; however, transfer the cooked vegetables to a separate plate and quickly rinse the skillet before proceeding.

2. Assemble the quesadillas. Lay a tortilla in the skillet and evenly distribute your desired amount of cheese and cilantro. Spoon the vegetable mixture onto one half of the tortilla, then fold the other half over to form a half-moon shape. Cook until the bottom side of the quesadilla is lightly golden and toasted, then flip and cook the other side. Transfer to a serving plate, cut into triangles, and repeat with the remaining ingredients.

3.Serve hot. Serve hot, accompanied by your favorite salsa, guacamole, and/or sour cream.

*For large batches, if you wish to keep the quesadillas warm before serving, place them on a baking sheet and store in a 200°F oven until ready to serve.

Let's share the joy of cooking and the love of food! Bon appétit!

🌮 Easy veggie quesadillas? 🌮 Sauté your favorite veggies like bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms, then layer them with cheese between tortillas and cook until crispy and golden for a quick and delicious meal that's perfect for lunch, dinner, or a snack - a flavorful and satisfying way to enjoy Mexican-inspired flavors without much effort!

Back