Espresso meets Matcha: Your Coffee Latte with A Twist 🍵🫘

isekaikigai

Novice Foodie
Head over heels for all things matcha, but this is my first time trying out this fusion matcha and coffee at home. If you're like me and want to mix things up a bit, here's a simple and fun recipe for a Matcha Coffee Latte!

Espresso meets Matcha Your Coffee Latte with A Twist.jpg

Ingredients:​

• 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
  • 1 tablespoon hot water
  • 1 shot of espresso (or 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee)
  • 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
  • Sweetener to taste (honey, sugar, or syrup)
  • Ice (optional, for an iced latte)

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Matcha:
    • In a small bowl, whisk the matcha powder with the hot water until it forms a smooth paste. Think of it as waking up your matcha.
  2. Prepare the Espresso:
    • Brew a shot of espresso or make a strong cup of coffee. Set it aside to cool slightly.
  3. Heat the Milk:
    • Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat until it's hot but not boiling. Alternatively, you can use a milk frother to heat and froth the milk. Frothy milk makes everything better.
  4. Combine Ingredients:
    • In a large mug, combine the matcha paste with the brewed espresso or coffee.
    • Pour the hot milk into the mug, stirring to combine everything well.
  5. Sweeten:
    • Add sweetener to taste and stir until it's completely dissolved.
  6. Serve:
    • If you prefer an iced matcha coffee latte, fill a glass with ice and pour the latte over the ice.

Optional Garnishes:​

• Sprinkle a little matcha powder on top for a decorative touch.
  • Add a dollop of whipped cream for an indulgent treat.
And there you have it! Your very own homemade Matcha Coffee Latte! So sip, savor, and enjoy this delightful blend of flavors. Cheers to new adventures in your cup! Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Head over heels for all things matcha, but this is my first time trying out this fusion matcha and coffee at home. If you're like me and want to mix things up a bit, here's a simple and fun recipe for a Matcha Coffee Latte!

View attachment 3372

• 1 tablespoon hot water

1. Prepare the Matcha:
    • In a small bowl, whisk the matcha powder with the hot water until it forms a smooth paste. Think of it as waking up your matcha.
  2. Prepare the Espresso:
    • Brew a shot of espresso or make a strong cup of coffee. Set it aside to cool slightly.
  3. Heat the Milk:
    • Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat until it's hot but not boiling. Alternatively, you can use a milk frother to heat and froth the milk. Frothy milk makes everything better.
  4. Combine Ingredients:
  5. Sweeten:
  6. Serve:
    • If you prefer an iced matcha coffee latte, fill a glass with ice and pour the latte over the ice.

And there you have it! Your very own homemade Matcha Coffee Latte! So sip, savor, and enjoy this delightful blend of flavors. Cheers to new adventures in your cup! Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Wow! This sounds delish! 😋 Never thought about mixing matcha with coffee before. Exciting! Any tips for getting that perfect balance between the matcha and coffee flavors? Thanks!

View attachment 3372

• 1 tablespoon hot water

1. Prepare the Matcha:
  2. Prepare the Espresso:
  3. Heat the Milk:
  4. Combine Ingredients:
  5. Sweeten:
  6. Serve:

Wow, an Espresso and Matcha combo sounds intriguing! Definitely trying this for my next caffeine fix. ☕🍵

Espresso meets matcha? Count me in! 🍵👀 This coffee latte with a twist sounds like the perfect blend of energy and zen vibes. Can't wait to give it a shot and start my day with a unique kick! Thanks for sharing this innovative recipe!

Back