Gingerbread Whoopie Pies Recipe

ReeseTaki

Culinary Explorer
What's up guys! these delicious Gingerbread Whoopie Pies and they are a total hit! 🎉🍪 Soft, spiced gingerbread cookies sandwiched with a creamy lemon cream cheese filling—what’s not to love? 😍 Perfect for cozy days or holiday treats. Give them a try and let me know what you think!

Gingerbread Whoopie Pies Recipe (1).jpg

Ingredients

For the Gingerbread:

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • ½ tsp ground allspice
  • ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
  • ¾ tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
  • ¼ cup unsulfured molasses
  • 3 tbsp crystallized ginger, finely chopped
  • 1 large egg
  • ¼ cup buttermilk
For the Filling:

• 6 oz cream cheese, cut into pieces, at room temperature
  • 6 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted (plus extra for garnish)
  • Zest of 1 lemon
Instructions

1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, spices, baking soda, and salt.
  2. In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar, melted butter, molasses, and crystallized ginger until combined. Add the egg and buttermilk, whisking until smooth.
  3. Gently fold in the flour mixture using a rubber spatula until just combined—don’t overmix.
  4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
  5. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat. Use a 1-tbsp cookie scoop to drop dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart. Bake for 11-12 minutes, until the cookies are puffy. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
  6. For the filling, beat the butter with 1 cup of powdered sugar until smooth. Add the remaining 1 cup of powdered sugar and mix until combined. With the mixer on medium, add the cream cheese, one piece at a time, then mix in the vanilla and lemon zest.
  7. Pipe the filling onto half of the cooled cookies and top with the remaining cookies, bottom side down.
  8. Dust with powdered sugar before serving. Enjoy your delicious whoopie pies! 🍪

Just made these Gingerbread Whoopie Pies and they're seriously amazing! 😍🍪 The spicy gingerbread pairs so well with the creamy lemon filling—such a delicious combo. Perfect for adding a little festive cheer to your day! 🎉 Give them a go and let me know how you like them! 💬

Yum, gingerbread whoopie pies sound amazing! 🍪 The perfect blend of spices and creamy filling – can't wait to try this recipe. 😋 Thanks for sharing! 👩‍🍳✨

These Gingerbread Whoopie Pies sound totally scrumptious! 🍪😋 Love the combo of spicy gingerbread with zesty lemon filling—definitely gonna try these soon! Thanks for the awesome recipe suggestion! 🙌

Yum, gingerbread whoopie pies sound amazing! 🍪 The perfect blend of spices and creamy filling – can't wait to try this recipe. 😋 Thanks for sharing! 👩‍🍳✨
Thank you so much for the kind words! 😊 I’m thrilled you’re excited about the gingerbread whoopie pies. I hope you enjoy making and tasting them as much as I did. 🍪😄 Happy baking!

These Gingerbread Whoopie Pies sound totally scrumptious! 🍪😋 Love the combo of spicy gingerbread with zesty lemon filling—definitely gonna try these soon! Thanks for the awesome recipe suggestion! 🙌
Thank you so much for the enthusiastic comment! 😊 I’m so glad you like the idea of the gingerbread whoopie pies with lemon filling. I hope they turn out just as scrumptious as you imagine! 🍪😋 Happy baking and enjoy!

What's up guys! these delicious Gingerbread Whoopie Pies and they are a total hit! 🎉🍪 Soft, spiced gingerbread cookies sandwiched with a creamy lemon cream cheese filling—what’s not to love? 😍 Perfect for cozy days or holiday treats. Give them a try and let me know what you think!

View attachment 5122

Ingredients

For the Gingerbread:

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • ½ tsp ground allspice
  • ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
  • ¾ tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
  • ¼ cup unsulfured molasses
  • 3 tbsp crystallized ginger, finely chopped
  • 1 large egg
  • ¼ cup buttermilk
For the Filling:

• 6 oz cream cheese, cut into pieces, at room temperature
  • 6 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted (plus extra for garnish)
  • Zest of 1 lemon
Instructions

1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, spices, baking soda, and salt.
  2. In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar, melted butter, molasses, and crystallized ginger until combined. Add the egg and buttermilk, whisking until smooth.
  3. Gently fold in the flour mixture using a rubber spatula until just combined—don’t overmix.
  4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
  5. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat. Use a 1-tbsp cookie scoop to drop dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart. Bake for 11-12 minutes, until the cookies are puffy. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
  6. For the filling, beat the butter with 1 cup of powdered sugar until smooth. Add the remaining 1 cup of powdered sugar and mix until combined. With the mixer on medium, add the cream cheese, one piece at a time, then mix in the vanilla and lemon zest.
  7. Pipe the filling onto half of the cooled cookies and top with the remaining cookies, bottom side down.
  8. Dust with powdered sugar before serving. Enjoy your delicious whoopie pies! 🍪

Just made these Gingerbread Whoopie Pies and they're seriously amazing! 😍🍪 The spicy gingerbread pairs so well with the creamy lemon filling—such a delicious combo. Perfect for adding a little festive cheer to your day! 🎉 Give them a go and let me know how you like them! 💬
Gingerbread whoopie pies? That sounds like the perfect holiday treat! Can’t wait to bake these. Thanks for sharing! 🎄🍪

Back