Homemade Chicken Soup

Alfredo

Culinary Explorer
I want to share with you this homemade chicken soup recipe. It's well worth making and perfect for warming up on a chilly day or soothing a cold. 🥶

Ingredients:
375×379
286.6 kB

1710928713873.png

• 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 carrots, peeled and diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 6 cups (1.4 liters) chicken broth (homemade or store-bought)
  • 1 pound (450g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, diced
  • 1 bay leaf
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 cups (about 150g) egg noodles or any pasta of your choice
  • Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
  2. Add the minced garlic to the pot and cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
  3. Pour in the chicken broth and add the diced chicken and bay leaf. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer gently for about 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
  4. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
  5. In a separate pot, cook the egg noodles or pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
  6. Once the chicken is cooked and the soup is seasoned to your liking, discard the bay leaf. Add the cooked noodles or pasta to the pot of soup.
  7. Stir the soup gently to combine all the ingredients. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
  8. Ladle the hot chicken soup into bowls and garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
  9. Serve the chicken soup hot and enjoy its comforting warmth!

Enjoy your homemade chicken soup!

This chicken soup recipe is a lifesaver! I've been feeling under the weather, and a warm bowl of this soup was just what I needed to soothe my soul. The flavors are incredible, and it's so comforting to know I can whip up a batch of this goodness whenever I need a pick-me-up. Thank you for sharing such a nourishing recipe! 🫶🫶🫶

Oh, homemade chicken soup is just the best, isn't it? There's nothing quite like simmering up a big pot of comfort on a chilly day. I like to toss in some veggies, maybe some noodles or rice, and let it all cook together until it's bursting with flavor. It's like a warm hug in a bowl! 😊😊

Back