How long should I cook beef shank to get it nice and tender?

iwantbulalo🍖

Culinary Explorer
Hey foodie friends! 😊 I've got a beef shank sitting in my fridge, and I'm wondering how long I should cook it to get it nice and tender. Any tips or tricks you can share? I'm all ears! 🍖⏱️

Hi. Wow that's a tasty meal to go.😁 Anyways, you can cook beef shank for about 2.5 to 3 hours on low heat, either by braising in a pot or using a slow cooker, to achieve a nice and tender texture. Have a try and let me know. 🥩🥩

Hey foodie friends! 😊 I've got a beef shank sitting in my fridge, and I'm wondering how long I should cook it to get it nice and tender. Any tips or tricks you can share? I'm all ears! 🍖⏱️
From my experience, cooking beef shank until it’s nice and tender takes about 2 and a half to 3 hours. I usually simmer it on low heat in a pot with some broth and veggies, and it always turns out delicious and soft.

For beef shank, you'll want to cook it low and slow to achieve that melt-in-your-mouth tenderness. I recommend simmering it for at least 2-3 hours, but it can take up to 4 hours depending on the size and thickness. Just keep an eye on it and test with a fork—it should easily shred when it's done! Enjoy cooking!

You should cook beef shank low and slow for at least 2 to 3 hours until it becomes tender and easily pulls apart. ⏰🥩

Back