Okra Recipe

zoeyy

Novice Foodie
Okra Recipe.jpg

Who's up for a crispy, Southern delight? Fried okra is not just a dish; it’s a crispy bite of heaven! Whether you’re a long-time fan or a curious newbie, this recipe will convert you to an okra enthusiast in no time. 🌿✨

Ingredients:

• 1/2 pound of fresh okra, sliced
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional for a kick)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • Oil for frying
Procedure:

1. In a bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
  2. In another bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
  3. Dip the okra slices into the egg mixture and then dredge in the cornmeal mixture until well coated.
  4. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
  5. Fry the okra in batches until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
  6. Drain on paper towels and serve hot!
Crispy fried okra is a crowd-pleaser that pairs wonderfully with your main dishes or can be enjoyed all on its own as a scrumptious snack. Give it a try and let the crunch speak for itself! 🍴😍

View attachment 4974
Who's up for a crispy, Southern delight? Fried okra is not just a dish; it’s a crispy bite of heaven! Whether you’re a long-time fan or a curious newbie, this recipe will convert you to an okra enthusiast in no time. 🌿✨

Ingredients:

• 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • Oil for frying
Procedure:

3. Dip the okra slices into the egg mixture and then dredge in the cornmeal mixture until well coated.
Crispy fried okra is a crowd-pleaser that pairs wonderfully with your main dishes or can be enjoyed all on its own as a scrumptious snack. Give it a try and let the crunch speak for itself! 🍴😍
I don't really eat okra. But this recipe might change my mind and make me eat it. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Wow, this Okra recipe looks absolutely amazing! 🌟 The spices and flavors are making my mouth water. 😋 Can't wait to try it out in my own kitchen. Thanks for sharing such a delicious dish! 🍽️

Love okra! This recipe looks like a great way to make it crispy and delicious. Can’t wait to try it! 😊

View attachment 4974

Ingredients:

• 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • Oil for frying
Procedure:

Hi all! I think roasting okra with olive oil and garlic is delicious! It’s super easy, though you need to watch it to avoid burning. 🍴🔥

Okra is so versatile! 🥒 I love how it can be sautéed, fried, or even added to gumbo for that perfect texture. The slight crunch and unique flavor are just amazing.😋

Back