🐟💨 Smoked mackerel & leek hash with horseradish

rootme

Culinary Explorer
So, guys, I gotta tell ya, this smoked mackerel and leek hash with horseradish is 🔥🔥. I made it specially for my seafood-loving pals, and let me tell ya, they were impressed. The flavors, man... just something else.
900×1347
179.2 kB

smoked mackerel & leek hash with horseradish.jpg

Ingredients

• 250g new potatoes, halved
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 2 large leeks, thinly sliced
  • 100g peppered smoked mackerel, skin removed
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tbsp creamed horseradish, optional

Method

• STEP 1
    After adding a little water to a microwaveable bowl, cover it, and cook the potatoes on high for five minutes, or steam or boil them until they are soft.
  • STEP 2
    As this is going on, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the leeks and a pinch of salt, and cook, tossing frequently to prevent sticking, for 10 minutes, or until softened. Add the potatoes, increase the heat, and cook for a few minutes to slightly crisp them. Through the mackerel, flake.
  • STEP 3
    Create four wells in the pan with the leek mixture, crack one egg into each well, season, cover the pan, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the yolks are still runny and the whites are set. Arrange the pan in the center of the table and serve the horseradish on the side.

//You gotta try it. Trust me, you won't regret it.

So, guys, I gotta tell ya, this smoked mackerel and leek hash with horseradish is 🔥🔥. I made it specially for my seafood-loving pals, and let me tell ya, they were impressed. The flavors, man... just something else.
900×1347
179.2 kB

View attachment 1985

Ingredients

• 250g new potatoes, halved
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 2 large leeks, thinly sliced
  • 100g peppered smoked mackerel, skin removed
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tbsp creamed horseradish, optional

Method

• STEP 1
    After adding a little water to a microwaveable bowl, cover it, and cook the potatoes on high for five minutes, or steam or boil them until they are soft.
  • STEP 2
    As this is going on, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the leeks and a pinch of salt, and cook, tossing frequently to prevent sticking, for 10 minutes, or until softened. Add the potatoes, increase the heat, and cook for a few minutes to slightly crisp them. Through the mackerel, flake.
  • STEP 3
    Create four wells in the pan with the leek mixture, crack one egg into each well, season, cover the pan, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the yolks are still runny and the whites are set. Arrange the pan in the center of the table and serve the horseradish on the side.

//You gotta try it. Trust me, you won't regret it.

Wow, that sounds like a flavor-packed combo! 🐟💨 The smokiness of the mackerel with the subtle kick of horseradish - count me in! 😋 Thanks for sharing this unique recipe, can't wait to give it a try!

Back