Tamarind Iced Tea

Kuromi_X.O

Culinary Explorer
Tamarind iced tea.jpg

Hey everyone! 😊 I recently discovered a refreshing twist on iced tea that's perfect for beating the summer heat - Tamarind Iced Tea! It's tangy, sweet, and oh-so-satisfying.

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups water
  • 1/2 cup tamarind paste
  • 1/4 cup honey or sugar (adjust to taste)
  • Ice cubes
  • Fresh mint leaves (for garnish)
  • Lemon or lime slices (optional)
Instructions:
  1. In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil over medium heat.
  2. Once boiling, add the tamarind paste to the water and stir until it dissolves completely.
  3. Reduce the heat to low and let the tamarind mixture simmer for about 5 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
  4. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
  5. Strain the tamarind mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher to remove any pulp or seeds.
  6. Stir in honey or sugar until it's fully dissolved, adjusting the sweetness to your liking.
  7. Chill the tamarind tea in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until cold.
  8. To serve, fill glasses with ice cubes and pour the chilled tamarind tea over the ice.
  9. Garnish each glass with fresh mint leaves and lemon or lime slices if desired.
  10. Give it a gentle stir, sip, and enjoy the refreshing tanginess of Tamarind Iced Tea!
It's such a unique and refreshing beverage that's perfect for any summer gathering or just for sipping on a hot day🍹✨

Hey! That sounds super cool! Tamarind adds such a distinct taste to the beverage I have not yet tried making it, I will definitely want to separately.🌞🍹

Though it's typically served over ice, I sometimes like to freeze some brewed tea into ice cubes to avoid diluting the drink! ❄️

Tamarind Iced Tea? Sounds refreshingly unique! 🍹😍 Can't wait to whip up a batch of this tropical goodness for a sunny day treat. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Back