The Best Teriyaki Ribs Recipe 🍖

Mui

Tasty Apprentice
Hey everyone! So yesterday morning, I finally tried this recipe for teriyaki ribs that I had bookmarked for a while, and oh my goodness—these ribs are melt-in-your-mouth delicious! 😋 The sweet, savory marinade really soaks into the meat, and the sticky glaze... wow. You seriously need to try this at your next BBQ or dinner!

The Best Teriyaki Ribs.jpg
Ingredients:
Ribs:

• 2 full racks baby back ribs
Marinade:
  • ⅔ cup soy sauce
  • ⅔ cup sake
  • ½ cup mirin
  • ⅓ cup rice vinegar
  • ⅓ cup brown sugar
  • ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Teriyaki Glaze:
  • Reserved marinade
  • 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
  • 3 cloves garlic, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, plus more for garnish (optional)
  • ½ teaspoon sesame oil
  • ½ teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Unwrap the ribs and use a sharp knife to score the membrane on the bone side, or peel it off with a paper towel. This helps the marinade soak in better! Cut the racks in half for easier marinating.
  2. In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sake, mirin, rice vinegar, brown sugar, black pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne. Pour this over the ribs in a large container or resealable bag. Make sure the ribs are fully coated. Marinate in the fridge for 4-12 hours.
  3. Preheat your oven to 250°F (120°C). Place a large sheet of foil on a baking sheet, lay the ribs bone side down, and reserve the leftover marinade in the fridge. Cover the ribs with another piece of foil and seal the edges to trap the moisture. Bake for 2 hours.
  4. While the ribs rest, take the reserved marinade and pour it into a saucepan. Add any cooking juices from the ribs, ginger, garlic, green onions, and sesame oil. Bring to a boil, then reduce until the sauce thickens (about 10 minutes).
  5. Turn your oven up to 350°F (175°C). Brush the ribs with the teriyaki glaze, bake for 10 minutes, then repeat 3-4 times until the ribs are super tender.
  6. Let the ribs rest for 10 minutes, slice between the bones, and serve! Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions if you like. You can thin the glaze with a splash of water if it gets too thick. Serve with extra teriyaki glaze on the side for dipping.

These teriyaki ribs were seriously amazing—perfectly tender with a flavor-packed glaze. Try them and let me know how yours turn out! 😍🔥

Hey everyone! So yesterday morning, I finally tried this recipe for teriyaki ribs that I had bookmarked for a while, and oh my goodness—these ribs are melt-in-your-mouth delicious! 😋 The sweet, savory marinade really soaks into the meat, and the sticky glaze... wow. You seriously need to try this at your next BBQ or dinner!

View attachment 6090Ingredients:
Ribs:

• 2 full racks baby back ribs
Marinade:
  • ⅔ cup soy sauce
  • ⅔ cup sake
  • ½ cup mirin
  • ⅓ cup rice vinegar
  • ⅓ cup brown sugar
  • ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Teriyaki Glaze:
  • Reserved marinade
  • 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
  • 3 cloves garlic, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, plus more for garnish (optional)
  • ½ teaspoon sesame oil
  • ½ teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Unwrap the ribs and use a sharp knife to score the membrane on the bone side, or peel it off with a paper towel. This helps the marinade soak in better! Cut the racks in half for easier marinating.
  2. In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sake, mirin, rice vinegar, brown sugar, black pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne. Pour this over the ribs in a large container or resealable bag. Make sure the ribs are fully coated. Marinate in the fridge for 4-12 hours.
  3. Preheat your oven to 250°F (120°C). Place a large sheet of foil on a baking sheet, lay the ribs bone side down, and reserve the leftover marinade in the fridge. Cover the ribs with another piece of foil and seal the edges to trap the moisture. Bake for 2 hours.
  4. While the ribs rest, take the reserved marinade and pour it into a saucepan. Add any cooking juices from the ribs, ginger, garlic, green onions, and sesame oil. Bring to a boil, then reduce until the sauce thickens (about 10 minutes).
  5. Turn your oven up to 350°F (175°C). Brush the ribs with the teriyaki glaze, bake for 10 minutes, then repeat 3-4 times until the ribs are super tender.
  6. Let the ribs rest for 10 minutes, slice between the bones, and serve! Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions if you like. You can thin the glaze with a splash of water if it gets too thick. Serve with extra teriyaki glaze on the side for dipping.

These teriyaki ribs were seriously amazing—perfectly tender with a flavor-packed glaze. Try them and let me know how yours turn out! 😍🔥
Hello! This sounds mouthwatering! I think teriyaki ribs are always a hit. Do you have any tips for getting the ribs extra tender? 🍖✨

Love how there's a nice balance of sweet and savory in there. How long did you marinate the ribs before cooking? I'm thinking of trying this for my next family BBQ, and I bet it'll be a hit! 😄

Back