This Keto Biryani That Tastes Better Than A Takeout

priyadograketo

Novice Foodie
I haven’t met a single person who doesn’t love chicken Biryani. However, following a keto diet means I can’t eat rice, and as a devoted Biryani lover, I miss my favorite dish.

Biryani was my go-to meal, but now that I’m on Keto, I had to find a way to satisfy my cravings without breaking my diet. Today, I feel like a genius for cooking a Keto Chicken Biryani that tastes just as good as the traditional version but without the rice.

This Chicken Biryani will become a favorite among your family members and friends. It’s loaded with spicy marinated chicken, caramelized onions, and an array of amazing flavors that make it delicious.

Keto-Chicken-Biryani1.jpg

The best part is that if you’re looking to shed some weight, this Biryani is an excellent meal choice with just 215 calories, and it keeps your tummy feeling full for a longer time.

You can enjoy it daily without the guilt that usually comes with traditional Biryani with rice. So, without further ado, let’s dive into the process of making this dish using simple ingredients that you can easily find in your kitchen.

Serves4
Preparation Time15 minutes
Cook time20 minutes

Ingredients

• 1 teaspoon Ghee
  • 450 grams of Ground Chicken
  • 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
  • 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
  • 1/2 teaspoon Ground Coriander
  • 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin

Ingredients For Cauliflower Rice

• 1 teaspoon Ghee
  • 1 Red Onion small (Chopped, sliced thin)
  • 1 Jalapeño Peppers, diced
  • 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste or (1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger)
  • 120 ml of Water
  • 100 grams Cilantro, chopped
  • 50 grams Mint Leaves, chopped
  • 400 grams Cauliflower, riced

Procedure

1. Heat a 10-inch deep pan or skillet and add ghee.
  2. Add the onions and cook until they brown at the edges, which should take about 10 minutes.
  3. Now, add the ginger-garlic paste and jalapeño. Cook for a minute or two.
  4. Add the ground chicken, breaking up any clumps, and cook until it’s no longer raw. Once the chicken releases its water, add all the spices and mix thoroughly. Continue cooking until the water evaporates and the spices are well-blended.
  5. Add water to deglaze the pan, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom.
  6. Now add in chopped cilantro and mint, and the uncooked riced cauliflower.
  7. Mix everything very well and cover with a lid.
  8. Turn the stove on low and let all of it simmer slowly together for the flavors to meld, and the cauliflower to cook slightly. Your goal is to let the cauliflower cook a little without getting mushy.
  9. Taste and add salt as needed.

Nutrition in one serving

Calories215 kcal
Carbohydrates6 gram
Fat12 gram
Fiber2 gram

I love chicken biryani, but the carbs always hold me back a bit. A keto version is genius! How similar is the cauliflower rice to regular rice in terms of texture? 🙂👍😉👌✨

I haven’t met a single person who doesn’t love chicken Biryani. However, following a keto diet means I can’t eat rice, and as a devoted Biryani lover, I miss my favorite dish.

Biryani was my go-to meal, but now that I’m on Keto, I had to find a way to satisfy my cravings without breaking my diet. Today, I feel like a genius for cooking a Keto Chicken Biryani that tastes just as good as the traditional version but without the rice.

This Chicken Biryani will become a favorite among your family members and friends. It’s loaded with spicy marinated chicken, caramelized onions, and an array of amazing flavors that make it delicious.

View attachment 4444

The best part is that if you’re looking to shed some weight, this Biryani is an excellent meal choice with just 215 calories, and it keeps your tummy feeling full for a longer time.

You can enjoy it daily without the guilt that usually comes with traditional Biryani with rice. So, without further ado, let’s dive into the process of making this dish using simple ingredients that you can easily find in your kitchen.

Serves4
Preparation Time15 minutes
Cook time20 minutes

Ingredients

• 1 teaspoon Ghee
  • 450 grams of Ground Chicken
  • 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
  • 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
  • 1/2 teaspoon Ground Coriander
  • 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin

Ingredients For Cauliflower Rice

• 1 teaspoon Ghee
  • 1 Red Onion small (Chopped, sliced thin)
  • 1 Jalapeño Peppers, diced
  • 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste or (1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger)
  • 120 ml of Water
  • 100 grams Cilantro, chopped
  • 50 grams Mint Leaves, chopped
  • 400 grams Cauliflower, riced

Procedure

1. Heat a 10-inch deep pan or skillet and add ghee.
  2. Add the onions and cook until they brown at the edges, which should take about 10 minutes.
  3. Now, add the ginger-garlic paste and jalapeño. Cook for a minute or two.
  4. Add the ground chicken, breaking up any clumps, and cook until it’s no longer raw. Once the chicken releases its water, add all the spices and mix thoroughly. Continue cooking until the water evaporates and the spices are well-blended.
  5. Add water to deglaze the pan, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom.
  6. Now add in chopped cilantro and mint, and the uncooked riced cauliflower.
  7. Mix everything very well and cover with a lid.
  8. Turn the stove on low and let all of it simmer slowly together for the flavors to meld, and the cauliflower to cook slightly. Your goal is to let the cauliflower cook a little without getting mushy.
  9. Taste and add salt as needed.

Nutrition in one serving

Calories215 kcal
Carbohydrates6 gram
Fat12 gram
Fiber2 gram
Wow, a keto biryani? That sounds intriguing! I'm definitely going to try this out next weekend. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Back