Ukrainian Red Borscht Soup Recipe 🍲✨

Kento Nanami

Culinary Explorer
Ukrainian Red Borscht Soup Recipe.jpg
Craving a hearty and vibrant soup that warms you from the inside out? Ukrainian Red Borscht is the perfect choice! This traditional beet-based soup is packed with rich flavors and vibrant colors, thanks to the beets, cabbage, and carrots. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or just looking for a comforting meal, this recipe delivers authentic taste and deliciousness. Let’s dive into making this classic dish that’s sure to impress! 🇺🇦💖

Ingredients:
  • 1 (16 ounce) package pork sausage
  • 3 medium beets, peeled and shredded
  • 3 carrots, peeled and shredded
  • 3 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • ½ medium head cabbage, cored and shredded
  • 1 cup diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
  • 8 ¾ cups water, divided, or as needed
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar, or to taste
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • ½ cup sour cream, for topping
  • Freshly chopped dill or parsley for garnish
Directions:
  1. Gather all ingredients.
  2. Crumble the sausage into a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until browned and no longer pink. Remove from heat and set aside.
  3. Fill a large pot halfway with water (about 8 cups) and bring it to a boil.
  4. Add the sausage to the pot, cover, and return to a boil. Stir in beets and simmer for 10 minutes. Add carrots and potatoes, and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes more. Stir in cabbage and diced tomatoes.
  5. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until tender. Stir in tomato paste and the remaining ¾ cup water until well blended, then transfer to the pot.
  6. Add garlic to the soup, cover, and turn off the heat. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Stir in sugar and season with salt and pepper.
  7. Ladle the soup into serving bowls. Garnish with sour cream and fresh dill or parsley. Enjoy!
Enjoy your delicious and authentic Ukrainian Red Borscht! 🌟🍲

This Ukrainian Red Borscht looks amazing! Love how it's packed with beets and sausage... total comfort food vibes. Thanks for sharing the recipe, it’s definitely going on my must-make list! 😍🍲

This recipe looks amazing! The color is so vibrant, and it sounds incredibly flavorful. I love borscht, and this Ukrainian version looks like a must-try. Can't wait to try it out! 😍🍲

This Ukrainian Red Borscht looks amazing! Love how it's packed with beets and sausage... total comfort food vibes. Thanks for sharing the recipe, it’s definitely going on my must-make list! 😍🍲
Thanks for the love! So glad you think the borscht looks tasty... hope it brings all the cozy vibes! 😄🍲

This recipe looks amazing! The color is so vibrant, and it sounds incredibly flavorful. I love borscht, and this Ukrainian version looks like a must-try. Can't wait to try it out! 😍🍲
Thanks so much for the love! 🥰 I’m sure you’ll find this borscht as tasty as it is vibrant—can’t wait for you to try it! 🌟

Now we're talking! 🍲✨ I’ve always been curious about this, but I feel like I might end up with a pink kitchen 😂. Do you have any tricks to get that perfect color and flavor?

Now we're talking! 🍲✨ I’ve always been curious about this, but I feel like I might end up with a pink kitchen 😂. Do you have any tricks to get that perfect color and flavor?
OMG, I’m so glad you’re into it! The trick is balancing that beetroot for that vibrant red and adding just the right kick of vinegar for flavor – nailed it! 💯 Thanks for trying it out!

Back