Very Berry Quinoa Muffins

aeris

Novice Foodie
Soo, I recently experimented with a new muffin recipe, and I must say, it turned out to be a delightful surprise. These Very Berry Quinoa Muffins are not only bursting with flavor but also pack a nutritious punch, thanks to the addition of quinoa. If you're looking for a wholesome and delicious treat to enjoy with your morning coffee or as a midday snack, feel free to give this recipe a try!

Ingr
very berry quinoa muffins.jpg
edients:

• 1 cup cooked quinoa
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup mixed berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries), fresh or frozen

Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease or line a muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well to combine.
  3. In another bowl, whisk together the applesauce, honey or maple syrup, melted coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined.
  4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
  5. Gently fold in the mixed berries until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
  6. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
  7. Bake in the preheated oven for 18-22 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  8. Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
  9. Once cooled, serve and enjoy these delicious Very Berry Quinoa Muffins!
I hope you all enjoy making and indulging in these muffins as much as I did. They're a perfect blend of sweetness and wholesomeness, and they make for a fantastic snack any time of the day. Happy baking!

Absolutely LOVED these muffins! They're soft, moist, and bursting with berry flavor. The quinoa adds a nice crunch, and I love that they're healthier than traditional muffins. Perfect for satisfying my sweet tooth without feeling guilty. Thanks for the fantastic recipe!

Such a fantastic idea! These Very Berry Quinoa Muffins sound like the perfect wholesome treat to start my day right! 🍓🧁 Excited to give them a try and indulge in some berry goodness. Thanks a bunch for sharing this delightful recipe!🌟👩‍🍳

Back