What are cast iron skillets used for?

Clint08

Novice Foodie
Hey everyone☺👋 , I'm diving into the wonders of cast iron skillets and figured this place has the insight 🍳. These heavy-duty pans are my go-to for searing steaks 🥩 because they retain heat 🔥 like no other. Recently, I've started experimenting with baking in them too - hello, perfect cornbread! Curious, what other magic have you all cooked up with yours? Looking for both traditional and out-of-the-box uses. Let's swap some culinary secrets and see if we can't uncover new favorites. 👩‍🍳🤤

I've been using cast iron skillets for ages, mainly for steaks and cornbread. They're awesome for heat retention. Also tried making pizza in them, turns out great! 🍕🔥

I've been using cast iron skillets for ages, mainly for steaks and cornbread. They're awesome for heat retention. Also tried making pizza in them, turns out great! 🍕🔥
It's like you've mastered the art of cooking with cast iron! I'm always looking for new recipes to try and your pizza idea sounds fantastic!🍕👌 Thanks for the encouragement!🔥🧑‍🍳

Cast iron skillets are versatile for frying, sautéing, baking, and more, usable on stovetop, oven, or campfire. They provide even heat distribution for various dishes and can last a lifetime with proper care. :)

Back