Corn Fritters

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I wanted to share one of my favorite breakfast recipes featuring corn - corn fritters! They're crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and packed with sweet corn flavor. Here's what you'll need:
1712131377147.jpeg

Ingredients:

• 1 cup fresh or canned corn kernels
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup cornmeal
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Vegetable oil for frying
Instructions:

1. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
  2. In another bowl, whisk together the egg and milk until well combined.
  3. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until a thick batter forms.
  4. Fold in the corn kernels, sliced green onions, and grated cheddar cheese until evenly distributed.
  5. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
  6. Drop spoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil, flattening slightly with the back of the spoon.
  7. Fry the fritters for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
  8. Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
  9. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce or enjoy them as they are!
These corn fritters are perfect for a weekend brunch or even as a savory snack any time of day. I hope you give them a try and love them as much as I do! 😊🌽

Hey everyone! I wanted to share one of my favorite breakfast recipes featuring corn - corn fritters! They're crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and packed with sweet corn flavor. Here's what you'll need:
View attachment 1298
Ingredients:

• 1/4 cup cornmeal
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg
Instructions:

1. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
  3. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until a thick batter forms.
  4. Fold in the corn kernels, sliced green onions, and grated cheddar cheese until evenly distributed.
  6. Drop spoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil, flattening slightly with the back of the spoon.
  7. Fry the fritters for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
These corn fritters are perfect for a weekend brunch or even as a savory snack any time of day. I hope you give them a try and love them as much as I do! 😊🌽
Oh, dearie, bless your heart for sharing! Corn fritters bring back memories of Sunday mornings in the kitchen. I'll be sure to jot down the recipe and give it a whirl. Many thanks, darling!

View attachment 1298
Ingredients:

• 1/4 cup cornmeal
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg
Instructions:

Thanks a bunch for sharing the Corn Fritters recipe! It sounds like a deliciously crispy and flavorful snack. Can't wait to try making them and enjoy the golden goodness of fresh corn. 🌽🍴😋

Corn fritters sound absolutely delicious! 🌽🥞 Thanks for sharing your favorite breakfast recipe—I can't wait to give it a try. The crispy exterior and sweet corn flavor sound like the perfect combination for a satisfying breakfast treat! 😋👌

Back