Moist Pumpkin Scones

Jamal_

Culinary Explorer
Hey friends! 🎃☕ Are you ready to fall in love with autumn all over again? 🍁 Whether you're a pumpkin spice aficionado or just someone who enjoys a cozy, delicious treat, I've got the perfect recipe for you. Introducing my Moist Pumpkin Scones! These little bites of heaven are super easy to make and are guaranteed to make your kitchen smell like a pumpkin patch dream. Perfect for breakfast, a snack, or just because – trust me, you won't be able to eat just one. Let's get baking! 🧡🍂

Moist Pumpkin Scones.jpg

Ingredients:​

• For the scones:
    • 2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1/3 cup light brown sugar
    • 1 tbsp baking powder
    • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
    • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
    • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
    • 1/4 tsp ground cloves
    • 1/4 tsp salt
    • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
    • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
    • 3 tbsp heavy cream
    • 1 large egg
    • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • For the glaze:
    • 1 cup powdered sugar
    • 2 tbsp milk (more if needed for desired consistency)
    • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional, for a spiced glaze)

Instructions:​

1. Preheat and Prep:Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
  2. Mix Dry Ingredients:In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
  3. Cut in the Butter:Add the cold, cubed butter to the dry ingredients. Use a pastry cutter or your hands to work the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
  4. Combine Wet Ingredients:In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth.
  5. Form the Dough:Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. Do not overmix. The dough should be slightly sticky but manageable.
  6. Shape and Cut:Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and pat it into a circle about 1-inch thick. Cut the circle into 8 wedges (like a pizza) and place the wedges on the prepared baking sheet.
  7. Bake:Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the scones are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
  8. Prepare the Glaze:In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon (if using) until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add a bit more milk. Drizzle the glaze over the warm scones.
  9. Enjoy:Let the glaze set for a few minutes, then dive in! Pair these scones with your favorite fall beverage and enjoy the cozy flavors of autumn.
These scones are best enjoyed fresh but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. You can also freeze them (glazed or unglazed) for a longer shelf life. Just reheat them in the oven to bring back that fresh-baked goodness. Happy baking! 🍂🧡

I can already imagine how amazing my kitchen will smell. I’m definitely going to try making these scones this weekend. Thanks for sharing! 🍂🧡 Any tips on making them even more moist, or do you think they’re perfect as is?👌😋✨

OMG! These Moist Pumpkin Scones look like the ultimate fall treat! I can almost taste the warm spices and cozy vibes. Definitely whipping up a batch for my next brunch. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 👩‍🍳

Back