Seared Steak - A Steakhouse Favorite at Home!

eihra520

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, steak lovers! Been craving for a juicy, melt-in-your-mouth steak last night but was too lazy to go to a fancy restaurant so I called my friend with some chef blood running in her veins ..LOL and got the perfect recipe for you to share!! A foolproof way to cook up a steakhouse-worthy steak right in your own kitchen! It's so easy that even a novice cook like me can pull it off. Let's get sizzling! 🔥

Seared Steak - A Steakhouse Favorite at Home.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 2 (8-10 oz) beef steaks (ribeye, sirloin, or your favorite cut)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
  • Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
  • A few sprigs of fresh thyme or rosemary (optional)
Instructions:

1. Take your steaks out of the fridge and let them come up to room temperature for about 30 minutes. This will help them cook more evenly.
2. Pat the steaks dry with paper towels and generously season both sides with salt and pepper. Don't be shy with the seasoning – it's the key to creating that flavorful crust we all crave.
3. Heat a cast-iron skillet or heavy-bottomed pan over high heat until it's scorching hot. Add the olive oil or butter and let it get nice and hot too.
4. Carefully place the steaks in the hot pan and let them sear undisturbed for 3-4 minutes. You'll know they're ready to flip when they release easily from the pan.
5. Flip the steaks and cook for another 3-4 minutes for medium-rare doneness. If you prefer your steak more well-done, add an extra minute or two per side.
6. (Optional) During the last minute of cooking, add the minced garlic and fresh herbs to the pan. The aroma will make your mouth water!
7. Remove the steaks from the pan and let them rest for 5 minutes before slicing into them. This resting period is crucial for locking in those delicious juices.

And that's it, folks! A perfect steak with a gorgeous crust and a tender, juicy interior – all made in the comfort of your own home. Serve it up with your favorite sides, and you've got a meal that'll rival any steakhouse in town. Let me know if you give this recipe a try and how it turns out. Happy searing! 🥩🔥

Made this seared steak for dinner tonight, and it was absolutely incredible! 🔥🥩 The sear on the outside gave it that perfect crust, while the inside remained juicy and tender. Pairing it with some garlic mashed potatoes and a side of roasted vegetables made for an epic steakhouse experience right in my own kitchen! 🍽️😋

Seared steak at home? Yes, please! 🥩🔥 There's something so satisfying about getting that perfect sear and juicy center, just like at a steakhouse. Plus, you can customize it with your favorite seasonings and sides. Thanks for sharing this recipe—I'm ready to fire up the grill and channel my inner chef! 👨‍🍳👌

Back